Deb's Banana Bread
I'm going to spare you the long, drawn out pre-recipe life story and just tell you the facts -- this banana bread is so delicious, so easy and you most likely already have everything you need to make it, including those bananas you forgot you bought last week. It can very easily be made vegan and gluten-free!
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 1 Hour
AUTHOR: Debbie Gjersvold, my godmother
- 1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs OR 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce if you're vegan
- 3 tablespoons butter (I used Miyoko's vegan butter)
- 3 VERY ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 cups flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Oat flour to make it gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Topping Options: your favorite flavor of Tosi SuperBites (I used Cashew Coconut SuperBites)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º
- Measure out your ingredients - wet and dry
- With an electric mixer or a stand mixer, cream together the wet ingredients until smooth. The bananas will mash pretty easily, but I don't like chunks in mine.
- Add the baking soda and salt to the flour.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients while mixing and continue mixing for 1 minute, until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spray an oven-safe glass dish or metal pan with baking oil (I used the Coconut Oil Spray from Trader Joe's)
- Pour the batter into the dish or pan.
- Crush your favorite flavor of SuperBites and pour over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 60ish minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Pro-tip: Let it cool for a few minutes before you enjoy so you don't ruin your mouth!