Frozen chocolate-covered bananas are the epitome of summertime nostalgia. There is something about a summer day and a peanut + chocolate-covered banana that takes us back to hot summer days as kids! We thought it was time to upgrade an old favorite by adding in some superfood flare: Peanut SuperBites! Instead of using the traditional crushed up peanuts, we used our Tosi Peanut SuperBites. It was a hit with our whole family and a recipe we will definitely be coming back to!
Chocolate Covered Tosi Bananas
Here's what you'll need:
- 8 medium bananas, peeled
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 2.4 ounce Peanut SuperBites, crushed
- Line a sheet pan with waxed paper. Cut 1-inch off the end of each banana. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut-end of each banana, pushing the stick halfway in, leaving the other end exposed for use as a handle. Place the bananas on the sheet pan and freeze 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Pour out the crushed SuperBites onto a large plate in a uniform layer.
- Working with 1 banana at a time, dip it in the chocolate and turn to completely coat (spoon some on, if needed). Roll the dipped banana in the SuperBites, transfer to the sheet pan, and return to the freezer.
- Once frozen, store the bananas in an airtight container and enjoy!